What’s the holiday season without a little indulgence? From fancy food to special drinks, New York City has you covered when it comes to finding the best foods around to pair with those holiday cocktails.
To make your New York City holiday one to remember, give these 5 cocktail recipes a try, and pair them with these delicious, only-in-NYC noshes:
This fruity cocktail is perfect for your holiday brunches and is guaranteed to lighten up even the heaviest of fare. Pair this delicious drink with some blini and caviar from Caviar Russe and you’ve got an indulgent start to your morning.
3 c strawberries, hulled & sliced
1⁄4 c confectioners’ sugar
1 T brandy
1 1⁄2 c chilled sparkling wine
3 large strawberries
1. In a blender, blend together the hulled strawberries, confectioners’ sugar, and brandy until smooth. Chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
2. Divide the strawberry mixture among three champagne flutes. Top with 1⁄2 c sparkling wine; stir gently to incorporate.
3. Garnish each glass with a strawberry.
This traditional German/Austrian winter holiday drink is the perfect accompaniment to that day of skiing or carolling. Have a cheese plate ready for snacking, complete with mini gherkins, spiced nuts, crackers, and cheeses (bleu, stilton, or gorgonzola are great options) from Murray’s Cheese so your guests can refuel after their long day.
3⁄4 c water
3⁄4 c white sugar
1 cinnamon stick
10 whole cloves 1 (750 mL) bottle red wine
1. Combine water, sugar, and cinnamon stick in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat,
2. Cut the orange in half and carefully squeeze the juice into the simmering sugar water.
3. Push the cloves into the outside of the orange peel and place the peel in the water. Continue simmering for 30 minutes, until thick and syrupy.
4. Pour in the wine and heat until steaming, but not simmering. Remove the orange peels.
Take advantage of one of the most plentiful seasonal fruits and craft a cocktail around it. Pick up some Mykonos Pi or Spanakopita Pi from Pi Bakerie in SoHo to enjoy with this delightful, refreshing drink and you’ve got a nice small meal in the making.
1 (1.5 fluid oz) jigger pomegranate juice
3 fluid oz citron vodka
1 fluid oz orange-flavored liqueur
1 c crushed ice 1 fluid oz sparkling water (optional)
1 wedge fresh lemon (optional) Pomegranate seeds
1. Combine pomegranate juice, vodka, liqueur, and ice in a martini shaker. Add in sparkling
water and lemon juice, if desired.
2. Shake vigorously and strain into a martini glass.
3. Garnish with pomegranate seeds.
A staple of holiday celebrations, champagne makes a delightful cocktail that goes well with all parts of the meal appetizers, main course, dessert, and nightcap. For a great start to your meal, pair this champagne cocktail with some Triple Cream or Brie cheese spread on crackers from the French Cheese Board.
3⁄4 fluid oz pear brandy
5 fluid oz champagne
1 T whole-berry blackberry preserves
1. Pour brandy into a champagne flute.
2. Top with champagne.
3. Carefully drop in blackberry preserves.
Hot Spiked Cider
Warm up next to the fire with seasonal cider with an extra little kick. This will certainly set you right after a cold stroll in the snow. Add some gingerbread from La Bergamote’s patisserie and you’ve got the perfect ending to a perfect winter day.
1 qt water
3 orange spice tea bags
1⁄2 c light brown sugar
2 c apple cider
1 1⁄2 c light rum
8 cinnamon sticks
3 tsp butter
1. Pour water into a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add in tea bags. Cover and let steep for 5 minutes.
2. Remove tea bags and stir in sugar, apple cider, rum, and 2 of the cinnamon sticks. Heat just to steaming – Don’t boil!
3. Ladle hot cider into 6 mugs and add 1⁄2 tsp butter to each mug. Garnish with a Cinnamon Stick.
Whether you’re looking for a sweet cocktail or something with a little more body, these holiday drink recipes are sure to make your season in New York City merry and bright!
Exceptional Vacation Properties in New York
What better way to spend the holidays than in your own private vacation retreat? At New York Rental by Owner, we offer only the highest-quality vacation rental properties we can find. You’re sure to find something you’ll love, whether you’re heading off on a romantic getaway for two or meeting up for a large family reunion.
Need a little extra holiday spending cash? We’re always looking for great properties to recommend to our guests. If you’ve got a property in New York that you’d like to rent out, contact us today!